We provide medical cards that are required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) for all commercial driver licenses (CDLs), taxi van drivers, limo drivers, and bus drivers. DOT physical exams are required every 1-2 years to maintain their certification to make sure it is safe for you and the general public to drive a commercial vehicle.
- National Registry number: 8566831297
- Same Day Appointments available.
- Most exams take only 20-30min.
- Large Parking lot for trucks.
- Easy access to I-4.
What is involved with DOT Physicals and CDL Physicals?
- Vision: must be able to read an eye chart at 20/40 or better in each eye with or without glasses or contacts with good peripheral vision
- Blood Pressure and Pulse: The federal motor carrier and safety administration (FMCSA) requires a blood pressure under 140/90.
- Urinalysis: tests for blood, sugar, and protein which may be for underlying conditions such as diabetes
- Hearing: Must be able to hear a forced whisper from 5 feet away
- Heart and lungs check for normal sounds and function
- Good grip strength and normal neurologic function and reflexes
What you may need to bring with you?
- Injectable Insulin: bring MCSA-5870 filled out by your primary treating doctor
- If you have glasses or contacts: bring them with you for eye exam
- Heart condition (congestive heart failure, heart murmur, history of bypass surgery or stents): bring clearance report from cardiologist
- Peripheral neuropathy: clearance report from neurologist
- History of stroke or seizure in past 5 years: clearance report from neurologist